 Off-Topic / Geek / 767
Re: Elf Bowling--virus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:42:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler writes:
A guy I work with, whose job it is to be paranoid about such things, has sent
us a red-hot intra-office Email warning us that a goofy little freeware game
called "elf bowling" is a virus set to go off on Xmas day.  All the usual
bells and whistles, I'm sure; erases the hard drive, gives chicken bones to
your dog, causes carpal tunnel syndrome, and God knows what else.
Anyway, does anyone know if there's any truth to this alleged virus scare?
I know there are more hoaxes than "real" things, but this has seemed a good
place for confirmation in the past.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave!

I believe virus warnings from TWO places- my sysadmin at work and McAfee's
site. I NEVER beleive anything that is "please pass this along to evreyone you
know" Almost always a hoax.

Chris