 Off-Topic / Geek / 702
Re: Mini, Micro, Maxi, Macro, Kilo, etc. (was: Re: Pink spaceship)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:46:39 GMT

Only 2?  I'm working on about 25TB to 30TB under Intel boxes.

Pretty Scary.

Tom

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:27:35 GMT, jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper • Janssen)
wrote:

Not necessarily. Some harddrives think a kilobyte is 10^3, and a
megabyte is 10^6, and a gigabyte is 10^9. Some harddrives think a
kilbyte is 2^10, a megabyte is 2^20, and a gigabyte is 10^3 * 2^20.
Others think a gigabyte is 2^30. Endless variations.. and in 10 years,
there'll be an extra level at the Terabytes as well.

Whattya mean, 10 years.  Terabytes is now.  Just not on your desktop.

Yup.  We backup approximately 2.5 TB from various servers/systems
each month to our main backup server.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/