 Off-Topic / Geek / 565
Re: Something I don't get.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:44:20 GMT

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999 01:47:40 GMT, "Ryan Smith" <kyblue2@zoomnet.net> wrote:

When I was in 6th grade I was the 2nd smartest person in my math class and one
of my friends got C's while I got A's and B's but when we went to Middle
School he got Pre-Algerbra and I got general Math. Is there any explanation
for this? and this year he's got Geometry and I've got Algebra 1.
I'm just curios.

How are kids placed in different classes?  Do the teachers nominate them?
Is there a test?  Don't be afraid to ask a teacher, guidance counselor,
administrator, school board member, or even your parents about this stuff.
It definitely shouldn't be a secret.

Also: sometimes, if parents get involved, they help direct the school
towards placing their child in one class rather than another.
Unfortunately, sometimes parents are wrong...

Steve