 Off-Topic / Geek / 534
  bmp->jpg?

Calling all PC/Windows gurus .... Could someone point me to a cheap/free/fast/good utility that I (er actually my boss) could use to convert Windows bit-mapped files (.BMP) to JPEGs? Thanks, John C. (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: bmp->jpg?

(...) A simple way that I use is the image viewer program ( available at (URL) )ACDSee. You can open the image in one format and then save it as another... that simple. (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: bmp->jpg?

Thanks, Daren. I've downloaded it but haven't tried it out yet. It looks exactly like what I need. Thanks again, John C. (...) then (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: bmp->jpg?

(...) ImageMagick is a good choice. Free, runs on most platforms, and it's command-line driven, so you can do tons and bunches of files in one go. See (URL) Steve (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: bmp->jpg?

(...) You find have found what you need already, but I've always been a fan of L View Pro. Not the newer (2 or above versions), but version 1d for win95. Its "footprint" (if that is the correct word) is very small on the screen, and it works (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)