 Off-Topic / Geek / 538
Re: bmp->jpg?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:31:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Steve Bliss writes:
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:52:04 GMT, "John Cromer" <cro@astro.caltech.edu>
wrote:

Calling all PC/Windows gurus ....

Could someone point me to a cheap/free/fast/good utility that I (er
actually my boss) could use to convert Windows bit-mapped files (.BMP)
to JPEGs?

ImageMagick is a good choice.  Free, runs on most platforms, and it's
command-line driven, so you can do tons and bunches of files in one go.

See <http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html>

Steve

You find have found what you need already, but I've always been a fan of L View
Pro.  Not the newer (2 or above versions), but version 1d for win95.  Its
"footprint" (if that is the correct word) is very small on the screen, and it
works wonderfully for quick handling / cropping / resizing / converting images.
(It doesn't do batch conversions, though.)  It's also not free - I think it was
a $10 shareware registration.

Come to think of it, maybe it isn't at all what you're looking for...  but it's
a good program!  You should check it out!

Thanks,
Naji