 Off-Topic / Geek / 5203
    Wireless Power for LEGO Trains? —Dave Sterling
   I know this is a long way off (think 2050) but, on Thursday, Intel revealed prototypes of a new wireless power supply. If this ever comes to market, think of the possibilities! Battery powered LEGO Trains that never need to be charged! NXT bricks (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Wireless Power for LEGO Trains? —Frank Filz
     Interesting, but are magnetic fields harmless to everyone? How do pacemakers react to magnetic fields? Especially magnetic fields transmitting 60 watts of power? Also, what is the efficiency? How much power is pumped into the magnetic field to (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Wireless Power for LEGO Trains? —Brian Davis
   (...) Having a physics background, I just have to say... [sarcasm] Tesla would be, just, like... *so* surprised [/sarcasm]. I do wonder about the size of the receiver antenna and the transmitter, and near-field effects. Having worked a very little (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Wireless Power for LEGO Trains? —Steve Bliss
     (...) There are several (numerous?) wireless power transmission systems in development. Electric toothbrushes were early adopters. Google "eCoupled" for a system aimed at eliminating the hassle of recharging all your mobile gadgets. Steve (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Wireless Power for LEGO Trains? —Bob Parker
   (...) (URL) (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)