 Off-Topic / Geek / 5166
  Re: Any WordPress gurus out there?

(...) Hi Mike, From what I understand, that setting will not affect spambots. I think the only way to reduce the spam comments (especially pingback & trackback) is to activate the Askimet plugin (comes with recent WP) and possibly also install a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JDw5Gp.LJ6@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the tip - turning on the Askimet plugin seems to have solved the problem. Mike (17 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)