 Off-Topic / Geek / 516
515  |  517
Subject:
A UNIX directory/path question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:25:48 GMT

OK, here's one that I cant figure out but is probably elementary
to you guys. I am working on my next Lego site and need to
create a directory structure like;

---technica

    -header

    |   |
    |   8800
    |   |

If I am in the 8800 directory I know I can access the index directory
(the parent) as ../filename but how could I access a file in the technica or
in the header directory from 8800 without going foreward from root (since the
relative location of the technica directory and all subdirectories could easily
change). Is this even possible?

Thanks

Jim
hughesj@one.net