 Off-Topic / Geek / 4875
Re: SourceForge Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 02:20:57 GMT

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:45:27AM +0000, Mike Walsh wrote:
So my question to all of you: Is there something which runs on Solaris
and/or Linux which is similar to the process on the PC where you only
have to issue the password or challenge phrase once?

Assuming you're using openssh, you can look at ssh-agent.  Basically,
it's a process that runs in the background, that you can load your keys
into (entering your passphrase once), and it will make the keys
available for the ssh sessions that follow.  So once your agent is
loaded, running cvs should just pick up your keys and not ask you again.

HTH!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com