 Off-Topic / Geek / 4874
4873  |  4875
Subject:
SourceForge Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:45:27 GMT

I have a question for all of you SourceForge gurus out there.  I have a
non-LEGO project (its related to work) hosted on SourceForge.  I have my Sun
workstation and my WinXP PC both configured to use CVS and both work without
any problems.  I use WinCVS on my PC and standard command line CVS on the
Sun.

On the PC I can load my SSH keys one time during my WinCVS session and I can
merrily check files in willy-nilly.

On the Sun I have to issue my SourceForge password each time I check a file
in or run an update.

Our software is now available on Linux as well so I have spent the last few
days loading Linux on my PC and getting an environment ready so I can build
my application which interacts with our software.

The behavior of CVS on Linux is slightly different from the Sun which
surprised me.  On Linux I am asked for my "challenge phrase" instead of my
password.  I don't mind typing my password each time, I don't do that many
check-in operations but the challenge phrase I chose is pretty long and
entering it each time has become a nuisance.

Now it is entirely possible that I didn't follow the SourceForge CVS set up
correctly but I don't think so.

So my question to all of you:  Is there something which runs on Solaris
and/or Linux which is similar to the process on the PC where you only have
to issue the password or challenge phrase once?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com