 Off-Topic / Geek / 4648
  RE: New LUGNET server hardware details

Ok, first time I've posted to off-topic, so hopefully I put in the TO header properly :) Matthew, I just want to point out one thing to make sure of with the two processors you are getting now. Make sure the stepping is same so when you go to dual (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New LUGNET server hardware details

(...) Excellent point. Looks like there's three differentm steppings for this particular CPU model, and any of the first two can be mixed freely, but the third can't. I've messed with all this stuff before, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded of it, (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)