 Off-Topic / Geek / 446
Re: Cyrillic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 05:11:53 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote
this incoming email from elsewhence was munged by a free email account,
do you think that would shift them back? And what would you suggest a
good value for x-charset to be?

Maybe, and it's cheap to find out :)

I'd look for a valid message to get the charset line from, and paste that
into the old message. One simple precaution would be to forward the message
to yourself first, and edit the forwarded copy. Actually, you could try
setting the Cyrillic charset, forwarding the message and see what you get.
The quoted forward may be rendered in the correct charset, although I'd
also add a couple of lines of text at the start and end of the forward
to discourage complex mime formatting. Or at least make it easier to spot.

Moz