 Off-Topic / Geek / 4320 (-5)
  Re: If you watch Matrix2.0...

(...) I forgot - you're in an .edu environment :) (...) doh - always wanted to see that, but never got the chance. Dan (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: If you watch Matrix2.0...

(...) We've got a lot of bad/lazy/untrained (take your pick) admins. The cool thing is, if it's an Intel box, the security team pretty much swoops down and tells them: wipe this and install BU Linux, or else lose your network connection. (...) Gnome (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: If you watch Matrix2.0...

(...) tsk tsk - not keeping up with updates? :) but yes, it was cool. insecure.org is collecting screenshots of that scene - understandably. When was the last time an opensource project (nmap) was featured on a big budget movie? :) Dan (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: If you watch Matrix2.0...

(...) An oh-so-real hack -- we've had quite a few systems here compromised in that exact way. I'm pretty sure that this is an all-time first. (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: If you watch Matrix2.0...

(...) Slashdot.org has screen shots of that scene. Intresting they used a real 'hack' if you want to call it that. I like the Hackers type of hacks, where cartoon skulls attack a system shaped like cubes. Yup. I can't wait for the animatrix to come (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact