 Off-Topic / Geek / 4271
4270  |  4272
Subject:
Equation of a sphere?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:50:59 GMT

Quite a while back I asked for help in computing the equation of a circle
from three known points, and I received very useful (and ultimately
successful) assistance from several people.  In addition, my searches led me
to a piece of software that handled the calculations for me, making my job
that much easier.

So here's my next question:  I now have four non-coplaner points and I need
to derive the sphere that they describe.  I'm not having particular luck in
running through the equations because I get bogged-down in my liberal arts
math ignorance.  Does someone know of a program that will compute the
equation of a sphere from four points?

Thanks muchly.

     Dave!