 Off-Topic / Geek / 4055 (-5)
  Linux Journal Cover

This month's Linux Journal has an awesome Lego-based cover picture. (URL) (I'll post a bigger picture once I've got it scanned.) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Firefly Fans?

(...) Was I the only one who watched it the other night? Oh boy, there go the ratings. ;) No comments from anyone? Allan (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek Speak?

(...) Yeah, but they're talking about slow processes monitored over years! How can soft, fuzzy things deserve this metaphor? Try these on: "Increased sunlight seems to impact plant growth" "The volcanic eruption will impact wildlife populations" (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geek Speak?

(...) What makes you think the meteorite imagery wasn't intended? In fact, it's exactly the reason the word is chosen: it implies a quick, overwhelming, and hard-to-unavoid effect. If your complaint is about excessive hyperbole, okay, you have a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Firefly Fans?

(...) Well.... I sat through an entire episode tonight, on purpose. :) I can't say that it made a 'fan' out of me. I'd still take Enterprise over this show anytime. However, I still love the concept, though not some of the details. 1) The Union of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact