 Off-Topic / Geek / 3755 (-5)
  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) It's not that simple... the GM _has_ to fudge things to keep PCs alive. If the party is in the warp core engine room and someone chucks in a big ol' grenade, there's two choices-- someone throws himself on it and becomes goo, or nobody does so (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: twisted map

(...) (URL) how many of the towns are placed correctly (after we have compensated for misspellings ;-). Jacob (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: twisted map

(...) It's like one of those area conserving projections, the kind that stretch antarctica across the bottom. But instead of using the obvious north and south poles at the top and bottom (where there's maximum distortion), it uses an axis that goes (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: twisted map

(...) It's a transverse projection, probably at 45º of rotation--it looks like a Lambert, but without access to my Bugayevsky and Snyder [1] I couldn't tell you what the exact variation is called. There are so many names for so many slight (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Elements of a brick oriented RPG

(...) I guess it's the wargamer in me which enjoys running tactical combats. I'll also admit to a bit of laziness (it's easier to throw a bunch of foes at the PCs than to come up with an interesting mystery). (...) I prefer not to fudge things, but (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact