 Off-Topic / Geek / 3684
  Re: question about the metric system

(...) Thanks for the info. So in the last example is used in the context of frequent flier miles? (...) well, as a scientist i'm well informed of the inherent goodness and usability of the metric system-- I use it more frequently than the imperial (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: question about the metric system

(...) Absolutely. They didn't even bother to translate "Frequent flier", since they assume most portuguese frequent passengers are familiar with the english language. And they are not wrong... :-) (A quick note: noone here actually says "milhagem", (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: question about the metric system

(...) So, how long before you have the FBI on your doorstep? ;-) Fredrik (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: question about the metric system

(...) Oh brother. Anti-american might be a bit strong, but a surprised reaction isn't unexpected. If someone asked you how tall you are and you said "I'm 1.6 ells," you'd get a weird look, too. Dave! (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: question about the metric system

(...) Can't put it better than Abe Simpson: "Yes I said the metric system is the devil. My car gets 40 rods to the hog's head, and that's the way I likes it." :-) -Chris (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)