 Off-Topic / Geek / 3683
3682  |  3684
Subject:
Installing win98 SE on virgin drive.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 23:18:35 GMT

Hi all,

At a recent computer show, I bought a new full-version cd of Windows 98
Second Edition for $100 + tax (8.25%). Did I get a good deal? Also, I had
bought an ECS motherboard and CPU combo from Fry's last Christmas It's a
K7S5A sporting an AMD Duron 1.0 GHz proc. I have yet to install the 128 MB
DIMM I also got recently. I believe I've outgrown my 4.3G hd and 96 MB ram.

I was wondering what problems I might have installing Win98SE onto a new
10-20 GB hdd. Also, how do I go about installing software I own that has
updated itself numerous times over the internet since initial installation?
I don't have broadband access, so redownloading numerous MB's for each
proggie is not appealing... Any thoughts?

TIA for your help...

--Electro--

BTW, my ISCET certification expires this month, and I can't afford classes
to take another exam. Should I let it lapse? As a cashier, I'm really not
using it much...