 Off-Topic / Geek / 3645 (-5)
  Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac

(...) That'll get you around stuff like "Keyboard not detected" (or the IBM version, which was "No keyboard present, press <F1> to continue"), or "I have no idea what floppy drive you're talking about", but that BIOS setting won't get you past the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac

(...) Every Linux firewall I've seen is done differently. I have mine all installed on a write-protected floppy (no HD), I re-compiled syslog to use a different config file, hidden away as inconspicuously as possible, and it logs to my main server. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac

(...) not that bad - most bioses I saw give an option saying "ignore errors at boot" - it'll still beep, but will move on... then again, I think there actually is some sort of video card installed in the box, though I've no idea, really... :) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac

(...) It's something of a cheat; the world doesn't tend to consider the kernel to be a process in and of itself, and with stuff like ipchains you can effectively put all the firewall rules and functionality in the kernel. So you still have a kernel (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac

(...) In the PC world, motherboards that'll boot without a video card installed are way rare. (this one was an AMI Bios, so it gave the eight-beep "I can't find video!" post code...) -JDF (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact