 Off-Topic / Geek / 3642
    Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac —John D. Forinash
   (...) It's something of a cheat; the world doesn't tend to consider the kernel to be a process in and of itself, and with stuff like ipchains you can effectively put all the firewall rules and functionality in the kernel. So you still have a kernel (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac —Ross Crawford
   (...) Every Linux firewall I've seen is done differently. I have mine all installed on a write-protected floppy (no HD), I re-compiled syslog to use a different config file, hidden away as inconspicuously as possible, and it logs to my main server. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)