 Off-Topic / Geek / 3570
Descent: Freespace 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:16:17 GMT

Way, *way* off topic, but as LUGNET is one of the most visited boards on the
Net I'd thought I might find some help here.

Does anyone have Freespace 1?  And if you do, have you played on Parallax
Online?  There's a Freespace Frenzy going on today, and much to my
frustration I'm not able to log on.  The game just displays "Attempting to
validate pilot" for a while and then times out.  I can't figure out why it
doesn't log in, and I've been trying every hour since midnight with no
success.  (It is now 2:17 EST.)

It doesn't appear to be a firewall problem, since I shut mine down
(ZoneAlarm) for a few tries.  Here's my setup:

FS1 version 1.06 for the Pentium III
PIII 1 GHz
256 mg ram
LAN connection on a T3 :)

I have no idea why it doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Hopefully,
Ian