 Off-Topic / Geek / 3528
Re: Lord of the One Remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:37:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mark Sandlin writes:
I have achieved a state of One Remote For Every Device.

It is a wondrous state.

Marantz RC1200 Remote... mmmmmmmmm.

Not only does it control everything in my entertainment center, but it
also allows programming of Macros, so I can have it carry out a sequence
of commands.

Ohhhh it's so deliciously geeky.

The Marantz is nice, but I still like the Philips Pronto <drool>...who ever
thought you could drop $500-$1000 for a remote control, huh?

$1000 for a remote?  My brain just threw a rod!  That's more than my DVD
player, receiver, and speakers combined!  Of course I have lower budget
devices, but that isn't the point.

It would be nice, though, to be able to switch from watching cable TV to
watching a DVD without having to reach for 4 different remote controls...

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

(Of course, I could do all the same things on my Apple MessagePad 120 years
ago, but there you go...)

Matt