 Off-Topic / Geek / 3370 (-5)
  An interesting possibility ...

(URL) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Does anyone now how to install windows at an angle???

(...) Darn you, Rick. I was going to suggest putting a telephone book under the legs on one side of his chair. :D Sick people, we are. LFB (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: PC Troubleshooting...

(...) I meant hitting the reset button, which I've always heard of as a soft boot because it doesn't cut the power. Is it called something else? (...) Actually, I am pretty sure that it was the motherboard -- the part I was most loathe to have to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: PC Troubleshooting...

(...) Is this while running Checkit, or regardless of what the system is doing? I'm not 100% clear on that. And what do you mean by soft boot? I'm familiar with that term being a restart using software (i.e. cntrl-alt-del) but I think you're meaning (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  PC Troubleshooting...

Hey Y'all: Someone I know is giving me slightly old computer parts and I am building 3-4 different computer systems from the parts for use by friends -- I may even end up with one or two machines in return to give to people in the neighborhood. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact