 Off-Topic / Geek / 3338
3337  |  3339
Subject:
Confusion, help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:35:39 GMT

Reposted from Friday and cross-posted to geek
Ok so I was nicely asked to make it so that the from thing had MY name and
not my husbands. Well we tried and the option is either grayed out and
unchangeable or when other ways were tried our system shut down and we were
locked out of the computers for at least a day (now you know why we were
offline for a week a bit back).
So I went to the posting setup page on LUGNET. It says "the information you
provide below must _exactly_ match your newsreader's profile, or else the
server won't be able to recognize or accept messages from you", so this
means that I can't set it up under another name even if its still coming
from me?
Also below it is "You may use a nickname or pseudonym in the name box below
(although it is discouraged)" sounds like I can set it up for my name even
if the settings are for my husbands. Isn't that a contradiction of the above
quote?
I'm confused and feeling stupid. Any help? Any other info needed to help me?
--
Nicole widow of
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.