 Off-Topic / Geek / 3290
  Re: Math/Optics Problem

It's amazing how much physics and math I have forgotten, so let me simply note that the focus of the camera isn't going to change the proportions of the objects. The focal length will. The perspective will change as your lens measurement changes (in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Math/Optics Problem

(...) Ahhh-- so perhaps I've been getting stuck on photography terminology. I had assumed the "focus" in Shiri's response to relate to the fuzziness of the resulting image, not the "focal length" which affects the zoom level. That makes just about (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)