 Off-Topic / Geek / 3290 (-10)
  Re: Math/Optics Problem

It's amazing how much physics and math I have forgotten, so let me simply note that the focus of the camera isn't going to change the proportions of the objects. The focal length will. The perspective will change as your lens measurement changes (in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Helpful, but if you could cross correlate to the LDraw colors and color values, (and to the ref that Suzanne put together that you reference, although I would use this link: (URL) instead of the one you give as it is annotated) that would be (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Camera question

(...) Nicole, I'd consider a cheap source of supplemental light, perhaps a worklight. I use a two light spot/stand light with 60 watt bulbs, and I'll turn one or both on, point them near my MOC, bounce the light off the ceiling, etc, etc, just to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) .7b + .2a + .1c. (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: code red anyone?

(...) My various personal and semi-personal :) sites got hits from 73 unique code red sites yesterday, and 61 the day before that. Today, 29 so far. (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Camera question

Have a look at (URL) answer our question if you can. Thank you. Cross posted too Geek because they may be able to help too. -- Nicole widow of Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

Hey, thanks for that information. I was actually looking for that this week. You might want to post that under the reference section at Ldraw.org, as well. It might help some people trying to make renderings. Thx, Mike (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Font on Mecha Hall of Fame?

(...) Whenever someone says "mechs" I think of the boxy things FASA made such a big deal about. :^P ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Font on Mecha Hall of Fame?

"Mechas" is the incorrect plural form of mecha. Mecha is like the word "fish", it can be used both as a singular and as plural noun. Of course, if you're talking about non-Japanese-anime-inspired robots you can use the word mechs... ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Math/Optics Problem

(...) Really? I woulda thought it had more to do with the zoom rather than the focus. But then again, I'm really not sure how the lenses in cameras work. I guess my assumption (based on nothing at all I think) is: {A}--------B--------...E)--F--[G] (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact