 Off-Topic / Geek / 3195 (-5)
  Re: Evolution of Earth and moon (was: Couldn't resist)

(...) Isn't the theory behind rainbows (or light spectrums in general) that the different wavelengths refact by differing amounts, and so white light is "spread" into a spectrum of colours? If that's the case then radar and laser energy would (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Evolution of Earth and moon (was: Couldn't resist)

(...) I've posted a few times this year, but mostly I've been lurking. And trying to build something that truly satisfies me. I keep buying more parts and experimenting... patience now... (...) Welcome home. Is the dissertation in the can? (...) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Looking to buy a gaming rig - any thoughts?

(...) get (...) offer (...) Yep. They'll give you so many unneccesary software as well. "Why yes I would love Quicken, is that a Quake mod?" (...) have (...) me. I looked at them as well, and I agree that they were too expensive. (...) and (...) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Looking to buy a gaming rig - any thoughts?

Well, after years of building my own machines I'm finally going to buy a pre-assembled computer. I've found myself doing more and more work from home and more and more work-related stuff with Win2k and Linux and not enough goofing off, so I'm (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Evolution of Earth and moon (was: Couldn't resist)

(...) More accurate at measuring *speed*. We were talking about distance. Careful reading of both articles reveals no claimed difference in accuracy for distance measurement, since it's the same technique being used. (the speed difference is because (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact