 Off-Topic / Geek / 3016
    Why halftracks? —Fredrik Glöckner
   This post is obviously inspired from some of the MOCs I've seen be Shaun Sullivan. He has made some very cool WWII halftrack models. Ok, so a halftracked vehicle is usually a tracked one with ordinary steering wheels. What I don't understand is how (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Why halftracks? —John D. Forinash
   (...) This part wouldn't surprise me-- a full-track tank tends to tear up asphalt when it turns with its huge tracks running the full length of the vehicle and running them at different rates. A half-track would get you some of the benefits of (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)