 Off-Topic / Geek / 2991
  Re: Alien and gravity

(...) I think I had a different edition, because the one I read was pretty much the standard "wait-for-the-monste...-from-it." It was more deeply developed than the film, but it was still only so-so. As much as I enjoyed Jeff Goldblum (and why, by (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Alien and gravity

(...) I didn't say it was *great*. And certainly not deep. I guess I'm just relatively impressed by it because as I recall, the ending doesn't completely suck -- an impressive feat given the author's standard style. ("Oh, the volcano erupts and (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Alien and gravity

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes: <snip> (...) Lemme guess! Lemme guess! Congo? and The Andromeda Strain? but I thought that was something you got from looking up at stars too long... punnily yours, --Electro-- (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)