 Off-Topic / Geek / 2919
Re: older G3 300 coming home from work - possibilities?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:29:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, John Morgan writes:
I'm actually kinda looking forward to having a Mac at home to play with -
especially after seeing OS X's interface.  My only concern is I've grown so
used to sitting around the apt with my Dell Laptop surfing via my wireless
(802.11) connection that I may find it hard to go sit at a table or desk
again.  If only I could get a G4 Powerbook.  :)

Hi Mike,

Hey John, LTNS.  ;)

Is the internal drive in the upper left bay or attached to the bottom of the
case? most of the ones with IDE drives have them in the lower case position >and
the SCSI ones are in the upper left bay above the zip drive. you ought to be
able to snag a drive from one of the other Macs and add it in either place.

This model has the drive attached to the bottom of the case.  So I guess I
could stick another 6gb drive out of one of the others (probably one of the
two I snagged memory from already) into the spot above the Zip.

I'm actually leaning towards getting one of the 266's instead, since I
assume it has more drive bays inside, also because it has all the AV stuff
built in.  Just concerned about giving up that little bit of speed, but I'm
hoping I can either overclock or swap CPU's and change those jumpers under
the "warranty void" sticker.  :)

Let me know if ya need some help : )

Will do - you ought to come to lunch with me and Randall tomorrow - we can
sit around and talk, 3 happy Mac dudes.  ;]