 Off-Topic / Geek / 2656
    Oracle Weirdness? —Dave Schuler
   My wife works for the shipping department of a local company, and recently the company as a whole switched to Oracle as a software platform. I don't know anything about Oracle, but my wife tells me that now, instead of the 6-digit account number she (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Oracle Weirdness? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Would have to hear more about what exactly they switched to in order to answer... the ORACLE(tm) DB doesn't impose any particular requirements (it's a tool, not a solution). But ORACLE has solution products as well, such as ORACLE Financials, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Oracle Weirdness? —Dave Schuler
   (...) I'll have to check with the Mrs for clarification, but I can tell you that her manager is a tool without a solution, so I don't know how much more info is available to my wife. I'll check. Thanks for your answer! Dave! (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)