 Off-Topic / Geek / 2553
Re: Tractor beam?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:59:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
BTW: It's SF or Science Fiction... scifi is the term used by mundanes. :-)
You're not one of *those*, are you?

OK, I've got to ask, what's the big deal about this?  I'm harldy a scifi
mundane but I find it easier to refer to Science Fiction as scifi (because
it's shorter) than SF (because everyone looks at you and asks what SF
means).  The whole SF/scifi/fantasy/science fiction debate seems to be a
debate for the sake of having something to argue about.