 Off-Topic / Geek / 2490
  Re: Mixing ATA-33 and ATA-100 drives on single device

(...) There was a restriction when EIDE first introduced. When you connect two IDE drives (one slow, one fast) to the same cable, both drives transfer data at the same rate, which is the slower one. So techies always suggested that connecting fast (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Mixing ATA-33 and ATA-100 drives on single device

(...) In that case, it is a serious speed penalty... (...) I only have two fans: One on the CPU and one in the power supply unit. The new drive runs very hot compared with the old one, so I think I'm going to shuffle them a bit. Placing the new one (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)