 Off-Topic / Geek / 2466
Re: FS: 6950 (MIB) and 6951 (MISB) !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:47:06 GMT

Markassius wrote:
This is a straight sale: the first person to send me an email, telling me
that she or he wants to buy this set or these sets, will get them. I will
check the time of the email.

Just a little friendly comment on this (FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek), the
only thing you really can use to distinguish who sent an e-mail first is
to use the order in which you received them. It is trivial to alter the
time sent (since it is set using the sender's clock, and if you telnet
into an SMTP server, the field won't even get set by the system clock,
it will get set to whatever you type in). If you dig around in
lugnet.off-topic.test (I think - unfortunately, unsearchable [Todd - is
l.o.t not even indexed, or could you set it so that if you are searching
specifically in l.o.t a search will work?]), you will see a test of mine
where I was having trouble posting and eventually telnetted into
Lugnet's news server and manually submitted the post my news reader was
having trouble sending, it had a backdated time from when it was
written).

Frank