 Off-Topic / Geek / 2334
  Re: Relativity Question

(...) Well, thanks for throwing a monkey wrench into it for me. How do the famous de-synchronized clocks fit into this? Obviously one of them slowed down relative to the other. Do we infer that the ground-based clock decelerated sufficiently to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Relativity Question

(...) observer (...) Acceleration is bad ju-ju, since it isn't accounted for in special relativity. It's only in General Relativity that we get gravity thrown into the mix, and that's taught in grad school. However, from a strictly special (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)