 Off-Topic / Geek / 2228
Re: Space World Hosting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 02:46:38 GMT

"Mike Stanley" <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
news:G32Hp1.191@lugnet.com...
Just about anything is vulnerable and fairly unreliable
out of the box, which is the way far too many IIS
servers remain after they're setup.

Yep. I think the problem is that Microsoft software is (generally) easy
to install, so people who aren't really qualified end up doing installs
of inportant things like the OS and IIS, etc. Hmm, I don't THINK that, I
know that - I suffer from the results every day :)

The problem with shared hosting providers, though,
is that these places that specialize in providing very low
cost hosting to scads and scads of people tend to
maximize the number of clients per server, because the more
customers they squeeze into a server the higher their profit.

Agreed. It took me about a year and half of trial to find a really
reliable-yet-low-cost provider.

--
later...    Jer
irvinej@accuvera.com