 Off-Topic / Geek / 2140
Re: Paypal down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:42:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Some people, even people who are "of scarey" (sic) "high intelligence"
sometimes confuse a service being down with network or DNS problems elsewhere.
Not being able to get to a site at all often (not always) is symptomatic of a
nameserver problem or some connectivity problem rather than the site itself
being down. That may not be the case here, of course, but the symptoms ("its
URL went away") sound like it.

Thanks, Larry.

But just for the record, I didn't confuse the circumstances with anything. I
had maybe twenty minutes to handle some matters late last night and I was
annoyed that I was not going to be able to accomplish them.  I did not know
what was up with Paypal so I asked.  Intelligent people do not assert a thing
merely for the sake of their egos.  Here I can see that you have some good
educated guesses, but you don't know precisely what was up with Paypal either.

If you want to contend meaningfully with me, why don't you respond to my last
post in off-topic.debate?  Or is there a reason besides your just being dead
wrong about a lot things that prohibits you from doing so?

Hugs and kisses, you big Lug,

-- Richard