 Off-Topic / Geek / 2003
    Programming Language Choice —Jude Beaudin
   Recently, I have gotten quite a bit of experience programming in VBA due to a database I designed for work. I have had experience programming in several languages before but haven't used it to much until now. I now have a desire to program for (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Programming Language Choice —Daniel Crichton
     If you already know VBA then I'd suggest you use Visual Basic. While it's not as powerful as something like Visual C++ it is remarkably good for building small utilities really quickly. I have been using Visual Basic for nearly 5 years and I'm (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Programming Language Choice —Matthew Miller
   (...) It depends what you're doing this for and what you're doing with it. If you're happy with VBA and wish to expand in that direction, Visual Basic is probably a fine choice. (I haven't used it since 1.0, so I can't really say too much about it.) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)