 Off-Topic / Geek / 1869
Re: slrnpull and LUGNET?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:26:49 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:

I can see (1) that it connects to lugnet.com, and that it engages in
a dialogue with the server.  But when it starts to download messages,
it just hangs.  I've let it go for more than ten minutes before
killing the process.

I haven't used slrnpull, but I have experienced the same behaviour with
Gnus Unplugged.  It would normally function just great, but some times
it simply hung when downloading the articles in certain groups.  I found
some incomplete NOV lines in the logs, but I don't know if that was
what went wrong.

I solved the problem by switching to using leafnode to grab news.  Now I
only have the problem that the server sometimes enters "hickup mode" and
gives me old messages over again, but I can live with that.

The two problems above have not been present with any other servers I
have used.  I've only experienced them with LUGNET, unfortunately.

Fredrik