 Off-Topic / Geek / 1759
Re: Web hosting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:24:05 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can cheaply get web space with
SSI
and CGI-scripts enabled?  Case Western Reserve University will give me web
space next year, but without the extra goodies I want/need to make my site
easier to maintain.  I could also use a short term solution so I can develop
the new site and make sure it all works before I start paying for the space...
TIA,
--Bram

Well I can highly recommend Pair networks ( http://www.pair.com/ ) which is
where I have http://www.nelug.org/ and http://www.thekingsleys.net/ and it is
where LUGNET is hosted.

Its quite possible it is more than you want to spend though.  To get SSI and
CGI scripts enabled you need at least a Webmaster account which runs 28.95 a
month (Although you can reduce that substantially by prepaying for up to a year
at a time).

Here is a list of their services.

http://www.pair.com/pair/services.html

Again very reliable and I highly recommend them.  The only question is cost.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: