 Off-Topic / Geek / 1728
  Re: Problem with CD-ROM drive on Windows NT

(...) :-) I've tried accessing various configuration menus and restarted the system many times. But the CD-ROM was still unavailable. What finally appeared to do the work, though, was simply opening the CD drive and poking on the read head slightly, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Problem with CD-ROM drive on Windows NT

(...) Weird. I have not used in Compac's in many moons, we are using Dell's here. Gateway is pretty good as well. I have had problems with Hewett Packard computers, and Packard Bells, but that is just me. Some had good experiences with certain (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)