 Off-Topic / Geek / 1695
  Re: Desktops with SCSI drives (was Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?)

(...) you're probably looking at the home computers... Look in the small buisness section, under "workstations" - I think all the "Precision" workstations come with scsi... :) Dan (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Desktops with SCSI drives (was Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?)

(...) but can I get a workstation with all the other stuff I want (DVD, CD-RW, etc..)? --Bram (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Desktops with SCSI drives (was Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?)

(...) Buying from ANY big name company like Dell or Gateway pretty much means you will not get everything you want the way you want it. Which is why I never buy prebuilt computers from places like that for my personal use. I used to build my own, (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Desktops with SCSI drives (was Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?)

(...) If have to agree with Mike you are always much better off if you buy your own parts and put it together. My current system was designed specifically for 2D graphics. PIII 500, 128MB PC100 RAM, Tyan board, 2x AGP video, 56K modem (a real (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Desktops with SCSI drives (was Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?)

(...) I didn't say anything about the machines themselves, I just relayed some experiences we'd had with the company at work. As a company Gateway is much easier to deal with when it comes to getting what you want in a desktop machine, in my (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Desktops with SCSI drives (was Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?)

(...) Yeah, all of my experiances have been with single home machines, I am sure buying a whole department worth of machines is quite a different story. (...) I agree with you there. My first 2 computers were purchased from a local mom and pop (...) (24 years ago, 28-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)