 Off-Topic / Geek / 1642
Re: Digital Camera question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 05:41:02 GMT

Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message
news:38ED96D0.E6FB187C@superonline.com...

I don't remember the details right bow, but you can work with USB under
win95. I had an old gigabyte pentium TX motherboard with USB, before the
win98 thing, and the software CD that came with the board had an update
which made regular win95 ready for USB. I think it was from the MS
itself, so you can find it from MS update site, if I'm not wrong from
the beginning. And as far as I know, Windows 95 OSR2.1 has already USB
support built in, though this is an OEM version which is not available
as retail (only for a new PC).

By the way, we can't manage to make a Mustek USB scanner running under
win95 which has the USB update, although it works with win98 pretty
well.

As an additional note, if you don't want 98 over 95 because of extra
money required, you are right, but if you have any other reasons (like
95 is better or 98 don't give me anything) you are wrong I think.

Eck. I'm just going to keep the 98' upgrade installed. Less hassle. Thanks
anyhow :-)

Cordially,
        DBR