 Off-Topic / Geek / 1564
Re: I think my modems fried! opinions wanted....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:35:10 GMT

Thomas D Fulk Jr <tfulkjr@mail.idt.net> wrote:
     Would it be possible the modem is damaged but not so that it is
completely dead but just will not connect at high speeds anymore?  Or
could the phone lines be a mess from the storm (there was some serious
wind too) and this old dinosaur modem is capable of handling the noisy
lines better?

Those are both possible.

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/