 Off-Topic / Geek / 1411
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:41:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dan Boger <dan@giccs.georgetown.edu> wrote:
to take a look.  What it is, basicly, is an open sourced browser,
that's was loosly based on netscape's code (I think).  I is free, and
I do not believe it belongs to netscape.

My understanding is that very little of it is based on Navigator code at
this point. Early versions of Mozilla were, but then the developers decided
that there was too much cruft and started over from scratch, this time with
A Plan. This is largely what's responsible for the "delay" in Mozilla's
release. (It's actually pretty much on schedule.)