 Off-Topic / Geek / 1397
  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) I'm really curious as to why you believe that. Really. If Netscape were interested in or capable of producing an IE-killer browser, why haven't they done it already? Given the almost universally agreed-upon crappiness of Communicator 4.7 what (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) I believe that because I believe Mozilla that will, in the long run (if it hasn't already), attract better and more dedicated programmers, designers, and testers to work on it than MSIE. (...) Mozilla != Netscape (...) Mozilla != Netscape (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) You repeat this over and over again, as if simply stating it will somehow make it more obvious and more true. Mozilla may turn out to be more than a browser. But who is making it? (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:29:30 GMT Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote concerning 'Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer': (...) I think you're misunderstanding the point. Mozilla (the browser Todd is referring to) is _not_ written or sold by (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) Yeah, it does. Thanks. So what that probably means is that within a year or so we'll have a version of mozilla that ultra-geeks know and love, maybe within 5 years we'll get some media hype, then we'll see normal people move over to it, some (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) My understanding is that very little of it is based on Navigator code at this point. Early versions of Mozilla were, but then the developers decided that there was too much cruft and started over from scratch, this time with A Plan. This is (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)