 Off-Topic / Geek / 1381
Re: Mozilla (was: Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:07:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger writes:
Navigator 4.6-4.7, OTOH, handles the TrueType lookups just fine, but always
displays them in 12 pt.  :-(

as far as I can tell, mozilla has no problems showing any kind of fonts
- though I never bothered to install to many.  What X server are you
using?  As a rule, font problems are related to xfs, and not to the
application...

I'm using the xfs that came with RHL 6.1...

If I fire up xfontsel and look at arial, for example, and set the pxlsz to
a variety of numbers, they all look correct and beautifully hinted.  I can
recognize individual character glyphs as being True-Type specific to this
font (they're way better than Type-1's at this small size).  But in Netscape
they're stuck at 12 pt. (this is a bug in NN for Linux according to what I've
read as well as experienced), and in Mozilla it force-substitutes some other
non-TrueType font even though the Fonts dialog still says arial or times new
roman or courier new...hmm...

nope, no tricks - but never had any kind of problems... :/

What fonts do you have set in your Mozilla Fonts dialog?

--Todd