 Off-Topic / Geek / 1377
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
I love Linux, I hate Windows, but I have yet to see any Linux web browser
other than Lynx which even comes remotely close to MSIE5 in how well it
works.  Netscape sucks, Mozilla sucks.

Have you looked at w3m? It seems like a better Lynx than Lynx....

I'm amazed by how w3m can handle mouse clicks like that.  :)  Also pretty
great to be able to pipe stdin to it.  I wish it would keep stdin open like
more does, though, to feed it streaming data.  :)

I had a lot of problems getting the popup menus to work correctly, though...
they'd display for 1 zillionth of a second and then go away, so I could never
see what they said.  Looked like it had a Back function and some other goodies.

I'll 'afta go see if there's a new version of w3m -- the last one I got was
good enough to cause me to use it about 50% of the time compared to Lynx for
stuff I could do via text.

--Todd