 Off-Topic / Geek / 1374
Re: oh no! 3com!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:11:36 GMT

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:00:05 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Jennifer L. Boger <jennr@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:
just in case some of you other admins hadn't heard... 3com's getting out of the
high end networking business... this is a huge deal for me, since our entire
backbone is 3com... all the way from switches to hubs to nics (esp atm nics)
thought maybe someone would like to know.  here's their press release.  doh doh
doh.

Nice headline: "3Com Announces Plans to Accelerate Growth".

That's going to be interesting here at BU too -- we've got a lot of 3com
stuff....

Won't even be noticed here at UTK since we sold our souls to Cisco
long, long ago.  Unless they stop making 10/100 nics, in which case I
would happily switch us over to Intel anyway.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html