 Off-Topic / Geek / 1293
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
If you have a highly configurable newsreader (like something integrated into
Emacs), then it wouldn't be too tough to insert some smarts in the viewer
which did this same URL transmogrification.

oh, I've no problem - just thought it'd be easier for less configurable
newsreaders...  I just set CTRL-ALT-P to take whatever's in the
clipboard, and pop up two windows for me - text info (name, etc.) and an
XV windows with the picture... the browser doesn't even start up :)

:)

Dan

FUT. .off-topic.geek

XV Rules!  I do like the GIMP but for some things there is absolutely
no substitute for XV.  The color editor and visual browser
functionality is unmatched. I even wrote some of my own filters for XV
for cleaning up mars images.  Someone else added full support for the
utterly bizarre (and not even remotely consistent across missions) image
formats that NASA uses.

KL